Thursday, June 05, 2008

Florida 70.3 in CayCompass

Fellow triathlete and friend Marius Acker is interviewed in todays CayCompass, where he gives an account of the 70.3 race in Florida. Click here to read the article. I am briefly mentioned. His experience is similar to mine (see post below). A major difference between Marius and I is running ability. Even though he was slow relative to his own ambitions he still posted for me a quick run split.

I was disappointed with my run split in Florida and have devised a training plan for the next 3 months that is concentrated on running. The focus of the plan is speed work with one long run (>20 km) per week. Marius was kind enough to provide input to the plan and has also offered to include me in some of the speed sessions he has with the fastest runners on island. There is a saying that goes something like this: to become the best, you have to train with the best. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: