Sunday, December 03, 2006

Triathlon

Today we left the apartment early at 4.45 am to make an hours drive north of Brisbane to a triathlon race. Our neighbours Ross and Gale are triathlon fanatics and persuaded me to give it a go. The course was a 1 km swim, 28 km bike ride and 8 km run.

With Ross there to help me, registration and preparation was easy. So I was pretty relaxed at the outset of the race. Both the swim and the ride went fairly well; however, my legs were not forthcoming during the run. Disappointing, since running is the only thing I have consistently been training. But all in all, it was a good experience and I will try to do a few more during the next months (and focus my training on getting my legs to run after a ride).

Below is some footage from the swim to bike transition and from the finish line (listen to the commentator at the finish).

Swim transition


Finish

No comments: